Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 4

RSS has been all new information. I haven't found using Bloglines very intuitive, but am getting used to it. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd successfully added the feed or not. I'm still not convinced I prefer it to Bookmarks which go straight to the site with instant viewing of a  variety of possibilities - pictures, videos, cartoons and text. The feeds I added are mainly from sites I'm familiar with -  Crikey, Wired, Australian/Arts. I added the Library one The Shifted Librarian which had an interesting article about the link between literacy and net games. I just went back to look at the article and it had "gone" - things are shifting at the speed of byte just as they said.  (Found it when I reset to all articles) The recommended Powerhouse site suits this format. RSS seems to be a good way to highlight 1 item daily from a collection.
I'll have a go at adding the Crikey feed. 

1 comment:

jo said...

I was also interested in the paper looking at info literacy and gaming - being a bit of a runescape fan myself it was encouraging to think in terms of building skills rather than wasting time! Somehow I don't think that our local country library is ready for a gaming explosion but it was good to see that there are library services out there who are focussed on providing what the patron wants.
Happy musings.